Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Parent's Nightmare

Yesterday was one of those days that you wish you didn't have.  We got home to a very sick kid.  Apparently, Allie had been throwing up ever since she came home from school.  And it went on intermittently until almost 9PM.  Dad had to go to the store to get Gatorade and Pedialyte in fear of dehydration.  Unfortunately, Allie refused to drink it.

All I could do the whole time since stepping in the house was hold her, clean up her mess (Thank God, for the Aunties who helped out), and tried to console her.  I felt so bad, since I know how awful it is to be in that situation.

Alex was perplexed how come Allie couldn't play with him.  He was also upset that I couldn't pay attention to him.  "The joy of parenthood," you say.  

Fast forward to this morning,  I let her sleep in late, offered her breakfast, and luckily she had a few bites.  What a difference a day makes!  My sunshine child is back!  No sign of yesterday's disaster.  

I couldn't help but think that she probably got it from school, somehow.  Although, Alex seemed to be fine.  Who knows?  But for me, It's a good day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment